Manchester, United Kingdom, May 15, 2015 –(PR.com)– With the first teaching of the new GCSE and Core Math qualifications beginning in September 2015 and the A Levels planned for 2017, the Secondary Mathematics Conference has been designed to provide the crucial information you need to ensure students and staff are ready for this period of reform.
Take this opportunity to hear from the Department for Education, Association of Teachers of Mathematics and exam boards to make certain you are up to date on the latest policy developments following the election.
Attend to share practical ideas around supporting lower attaining pupils through the new content and improving recruitment and attainment of maths teachers. Hear initial findings from the implementation of the Core Maths qualifications and discover how to apply mastery approaches to advance numeracy skills in your school.
· Keynote: Stephen Rogers, Team Leader, Raising Standards in Mathematics, Department for Education
· Chair: Sue Pope, Former Chair and Treasurer, Association of Teachers of Mathematics
· Dr Helen Drury, Director, Mathematics Mastery
· Kath Kelly, Head of College, Beauchamp College and Hub Senior Lead, East Midlands South Maths Hub
· Sue Hough, Senior Lecturer in Secondary Mathematics Education, Manchester Metropolitan University
· Simon Mazumder, Mathematics Lead, Altrincham Grammar School for Girls and Bright Futures Educational Trust and Hub Maths Lead, North West One Maths Hub
· Rob Power, Head of Mathematics, Tadcaster Grammar School
· Graham Cumming, Senior Manager, Mathematics, Pearson
· Andrew Taylor, Head of Maths, AQA
For more information:
Download the brochure:
020 7960 7751