Nov. 13, 2006 – The expansion of Power Jacks 3D CADalogue facility at www.powerjack.com has continued at its rapid pace with the launch this month of EMA Electric Linear Actuators. Not only does this launch provide user access to configure and download models of the actuators using the advanced product configurator but it also allows users to do so in one of five languages. The languages available are English, French, German, Spanish and Italian.
Using the product configurator is quick and easy due to its intuitive interface so users will find that they can quickly locate, configure and download the model of the actuator they need as a 3D Solid Model or as a 2D drawing. Alternatively products can be located by keyword or product series using the search facility.
The configurable options for the EMA linear actuators is extensive and includes selectable features for:
· Basic model designs.
· Capacity ratings.
· Linear Speed ratings.
· Stroke lengths.
· Mounting options for the ram, including clevis, top plate, fork end.
· Mounting options for the actuator body, including rear clevis and trunnion mounts.
· Limit Switch options and orientation.
· Clutch Options
· Brake Options
Once the actuator is configured the system automatically generates the 20-digit product number for the defined actuator. When downloading there over 20 model/drawing formats to choose from including SolidWorks, Pro-Engineer, SolidEdge, AutoCAD, Catia, Unigraphics and SDRC-Ideas allowing the models/drawings to be easily integrated into system designs.
As an engineering tool the CADalogue facility can save hours of work while improving design accuracy by enabling designers to download compatible files directly eliminating the need to manually recreate models from catalogues. Once in an assembly the integration of the actuator into the system design can easily be tested. Time can also be saved in the purchasing department if the electronic RFQ (Request For Quotation) facility is used to easily request price and other information for the configured actuator.
The linear actuators included in the CADalogue at launch are:
· EMA Electric Linear Actuators
· Models I, C and H
· Capacities up to 10kN
· Linear speeds up to 5510 mm/min
· Intermittent duty up to high speed continuous duty.
The 3D CADalogue will have more products from Power Jacks portfolio added over the coming months further increasing the scope of this design resource. The CADalogue already contains screw jack and bevel gearbox models for:
· E-Series Metric Machine Screw Jacks in 9 capacities up to 1000kN
· E-Series Metric Ball Screw Jacks in 5 capacities up to 200kN
· E-Series Stainless Steel Metric Machine Screw Jacks in 6 capacities up to 300kN
· Neeter Drive Range-N Bevel Gearboxes in 5 series with torques up to 3085Nm
— End —