Nov. 11, 2006 – FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Steve Lones, President and CEO, Great Occasions
PH: 214.257.8657 or Steve@GreatOccasions.com
GREAT OCCASIONS INTRODUCES NEW LINE OF HOLIDAY DÉCOR
INCLUDING PRE-LIT ARTIFICIAL CHRISTMAS TREES, YARD ART, WREATHS,
GARLAND AND NATIVITIES
Under new ownership, company has redesigned Web site
for enhanced customer convenience
[Dallas, TX– November 8, 2006] Just in time for the holiday season, Great Occasions introduces its new line of holiday décor, and a newly-redesigned Web site, which can be found at http://www.greatoccasions.com/. The Web site and product lines cater to busy American homeowners who enjoy holiday decorations, but lack the time to purchase and install them. In addition to quick set-up, quality artificial trees and decorations, Great Occasions offers high-level customer service and valuable benefits, all of which can be accessed directly through its Web site.
“Our mission is to provide customers with realistic, quality artificial trees and holiday home décor that can be ordered from the comfort of their homes,” said Steve Lones, Great Occasions President and CEO. “By offering free shipping, no hassle returns, and other money and time-saving benefits, we present an exceptional value to time-pressed folks getting ready for the holidays.”
Artificial Christmas tree sales showed a 10 percent growth year over year in the past five years, according to the National Christmas Tree Association, with U.S. consumers purchasing 9.2 million artificial Christmas trees and spending $665 million in that time. Their growing popularity is attributed to several factors including absence of mess and fire-hazards, ease of storage, and longevity, which over time saves money.
Great Occasions’ Web site serves as a one-stop shop for pre-lit artificial Christmas trees and related holiday décor. One of its most prominent, exclusive features is the “Christmas Tree Locator” which allows customers to find the tree that fits their exact specifications in the way of style, height, profile, and lighting options. Customers can choose from nearly 20 varieties of quality artificial trees including fir, pine, and spruce; heights that span from two to 14’, in profiles ranging from slender to full. Professionally-strung lights are optional and come in clear
and multi-colored. The site’s “Product Viewer” enables visitors to zoom in and out on images, and view them from various angles. Artificial pre-lit tree instructions demonstrate easy, 3 step assembly instructions with full-color photos and text.
Great Occasions offers a comprehensive line of sturdy, indoor and outdoor holiday décor including:
• Pre-lit artificial Christmas trees – constructed for easy assembly and disassembly. Quality artificial trees are available in variety of styles, heights and profiles. Professionally-strung lights hide wires and show more lights.
• Yard Art – fully detailed, lighted figures including characters from the beloved television classics “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” and “Peanuts”; plus biblical images.
• Wreaths and Garland- pre-lit clear and multi-colored, in a variety of styles and sizes.
• Fontanini Nativity Sets and Villages—collectible figurines made by fourth generation Fontanini family members in the Italian village of Bagni di Lucca, located in the foothills of Tuscany.
• Christmas lights and accessories in a wide variety.
Customers can also take advantage of:
• discounts of 10% off everything in stock (through November 23, 2006) and free shipping on orders of $25 or more (on-going);
• returns on most items within 90 days (must be in original condition with original packaging);
• 24/7 customer service;
• store credit lookup which allows customers to see their credit balance with a few mouse clicks;
• an e-newsletter which contains special offers, new product information, and gift ideas;
• on site order tracking.
In addition to pre-lit artificial Christmas trees and holiday decor, Great Occasions offers unique Halloween and summer yard art, not available in most retail outlets. For more information or JPEG images, please contact: Steve Lones at 214.257.8657, or Steve@GreatOccasions.com.
— End —