Media/ Calendar Release for Meals on Wheels Volunteers
Detroit, MI, August 13, 2015 –(PR.com)– Detroit Holiday Meals on Wheels needs assistance with the packing and delivery of 3,500 meals to homebound seniors in the Metro Detroit area on Labor Day, Sept. 7
What: The Detroit Area Agency on Aging and UAW Ford Holiday Meals on Wheels program needs volunteers to help with the packaging and distribution and delivery of 3,500 fresh cooked hot meals to homebound seniors in metro Detroit.
When: The packaging of cold items will take place on Friday September 4, 2015 from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. The packaging of hot meals will take place on Labor Day, Monday, September 7, 2015 from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. and the delivery of individual meals (from the 10 distribution sites) will begin at 8 a.m.
Where: Volunteers will meet at Valley Services to assist with meal packaging. The address is 1980 Bagley, Detroit, MI 48216, at the corner of Rosa Park Blvd, south of Michigan Avenue, near the old Tiger Stadium.
Contact: To volunteer, contact the Detroit Area Agency on Aging at (313) 446-4444, ext. 5605 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Who: Holiday Meals on Wheels feeds thousands of homebound seniors. Due to Federal funds being unavailable during the holidays, campaigns, fundraisers and private contributions help raise funds to feed seniors. This year’s holiday meal deliveries are made possible by the contributions of UAW Ford, Detroit Area Agency on Aging, and the hundreds of individuals, partnering organizations, corporations, and churches. These contributions allow the Detroit Area Agency on Aging to feed a needy senior on Easter, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. www.DetroitSeniorSolution.com
Detroit Area Agency on Aging Holiday Meals on Wheels 2015 Labor Day delivery distribution sites:
· – Greater Emmanuel Church of God In Christ, 19190 Schafer Hwy, Detroit MI 48234
· – Detroit Association of Women’s Clubs, 5461 Brush St., Detroit MI 48201
· – Franklin Wright Settlements, 3360 Charlevoix St., Detroit MI 48207
· – Matrix Center, 13560 E. McNichols, Detroit MI 48205
· – New Light Baptist Church, 5240 W. Chicago Blvd., Detroit MI 48204
· – Alpha Phi Alpha/ Optimists, 293 Eliot, Detroit MI 48201
· – El Bethel Church, 25295 Grand River, Detroit MI 48240
· – New Prospect Church, 19951 Livernois, Detroit MI 48221
· – St. Moses The Black, 1125 Oakman Blvd., Detroit MI 48238
· – Greater Ebenezer Missionary Baptist Church, 18751 Fenkell Ave., Detroit MI 48223
Media Contact: Pam Perry, (248) 690-6810
Detroit Area Agency on Aging