Chicago, IL, May 21, 2015 –(PR.com)– The Association of Legal Administrators (ALA) is pleased to announce the winners of its 2015 Awards Program, awarded at its Annual Conference and Expo in Nashville this week.
Outstanding Association Volunteer Awards
Each year the Board of Directors identifies members who have made significant contributions to the association. The first of these awards went to Steve Dempsey of Sidley Austin in Washington, D.C. Dempsey joined ALA in 1994 and has held many positions over the years at both the chapter and international levels, serving as chapter president in both Washington D.C and Dallas, chair of several committees, and as a board member.
The second Outstanding Association Volunteer Award went to Luci Hamilton of Global Law Practice in Beverly Hills, California. Her work with the Brazilian legal community was the driving force for the Professional Legal Management Global Summit — Brazil and Beyond. The event is helping to shape the future of Brazil’s judicial process and broadening the association’s global reach.
Spirit of ALA Award
The Spirit of ALA Award recognizes individuals for unique achievement in leadership, commitment and dedication. It is not an annual award, but is the association’s highest honor and only given to those whose leadership and contributions are extraordinary, as rare as the individuals who receive them.
The 2015 Spirit of ALA recipients are Steve Wingert of Nesso Strategies, and Karen Griggs, CLM, of Baker Sterchi Cowden & Rice, who have served ALA tirelessly at the chapter level, through committee service, as regional leaders and on the Board of Directors.
The Quest Award recognizes a new member of the association for their conviction, dedication and relentless pursuit of personal and professional excellence. This year’s Quest Award winner is Summer Jurrells of Bickerstaff Heath Delgado Acosta LLP in Austin, Texas. When Jurrells joined the association in 2013, she immediately agreed to serve on her chapter’s Community Relations Committee, and the following year, she served on the Education and Programs Committee and as co-chair on the Communications Committee.
ALA’s IDEA Awards program, now in its second year, seeks to recognize initiatives that model innovation, development, engagement and advancement in the legal community. Awards are presented to ALA chapters, committees, regions, individuals, firms or organizations (including business partners) that create unique and innovative programs, services and events.
· ALA’s Puget Sound Chapter won for brokering a coalition of the Pacific Northwest Legal Community, which created alignment, synergy and opportunities for cross-promotion and education among legal organizations in that metro area.
· The 2014 Business of Law Conference Planning Committee saw the need to deliver meaningful information in quick bursts by multiple experts, which led to the BOLD (Business of Law Discussion) Bites educational forum.
· Gensler created a pop-up legal workplace of the future exhibit, having responded to shifting work patterns and employee expectations in today’s law firms.
· ALA’s Greater Los Angeles Chapter saw an opportunity to transform their annual holiday luncheon into a networking opportunity uniquely suited to their audience. (Need more detail on this one – this was all the info in the script Nicole provided.
· The Boston Chapter of the organization combined innovation and education with fun and interaction, turning a standard educational luncheon seminar into a game show.
· Sidley Austin LLP created a program designed to introduce diverse law students to private practice, particularly in large law firms.
Complete details regarding ALA’s IDEA Awards program can be found at www.alanet.org/awards.
ALA’s 2015 Annual Conference & Expo provides access to knowledge, connections and market-ready solutions that transform change into opportunities. Whether new to the legal management industry or a seasoned professional, each attendee has the opportunity to learn from thought leaders and solve problems with their peers.
About the Association of Legal Administrators (ALA)
ALA is focused on the delivery of cutting-edge management and leadership products and services to the global legal community. The Association identifies and provides solutions to the most critical strategic and operational challenges its members and customers face today, and prepares them for the opportunities and challenges of tomorrow. For more information on ALA, visit http://www.alanet.org.
Association of Legal Administrators