Event has raised more than $3 million to date for the Arthritis Foundation.
Las Vegas, NV, August 19, 2015 –(PR.com)– What: Las Vegas and Henderson Massage Envy Spas are joining forces once again with the Arthritis Foundation to host Healing Hands for Arthritis®, a one-day national event to build awareness and raise funds to find a cure for arthritis. On September 16, 2015, every Massage Envy Spa in the United States (including the 12 Las Vegas/Henderson Massage Envy Spa locations) will donate $10 from every one-hour massage session or facial to the Arthritis Foundation. Massage Envy Spa’s partners Murad®, Wyndmere and Performance Health will donate 10 percent of all sales from retail products sold in the clinics during the event to the Arthritis Foundation. Since its inception in 2011, Healing Hands for Arthritis® has raised more than $3 million for the Arthritis Foundation nationwide. Massage Envy and the Arthritis Foundation are aiming to raise more than $1 million this year.
When: Wednesday, September 16, 2015
Bookings for Healing Hands for Arthritis® are underway now through September 16, 2015
How: Appointments for this special fundraiser are being accepted on a first- come, first-served basis between now and September 16, 2015. Walk-ins are welcome. To make an appointment for the Healing Hands for Arthritis® event, contact one of the 12 Massage Envy Spa locations in the Las Vegas/Henderson area at (866) 955-3689 or visit MassageEnvy.com to find the Massage Envy Spa nearest you.
Additional Information: 100 percent of donations will be used to support the Arthritis Foundation’s nationwide efforts to champion the fight against arthritis with life-changing information, advocacy, science and community. Massage Envy also accepts donations on behalf of the Arthritis Foundation all year long at http://www.MassageEnvy.com/healing-hand-for-arthritis.aspx. All donations go directly to the Arthritis Foundation through this site.
Massage Therapy & Arthritis
• Several studies from highly-regarded institutions – such as the Touch Research Institute at the University of Miami School of Medicine, Yale University, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and Harvard Medical School – show that massage therapy can help relieve some of the serious pain and limited mobility associated with arthritis and related diseases.
• Massage therapy can play an important role in alleviating the pain and swelling caused by arthritis, improving flexibility and circulation and reducing stress and anxiety.
• Massage treatments target muscle pain and trigger points to help alleviate the constant aches and help manage stress.
• Arthritis strikes more than 50 million Americans (one in five), and that number is soaring.
• Arthritis impacts people of every age. Two-thirds of people with arthritis are under age 65, including 300,000 children.
• Arthritis is the nation’s leading cause of disability, costing more than $156 billion annually in lost wages and medical expenses – and the loss of 172 million work days.
• Unless we stop arthritis, an estimated 67 million Americans – one in four – will be diagnosed with arthritis by the year 2030.
About Massage Envy Spa Las Vegas
Massage Envy Spa Las Vegas, voted “Best Spa” in the Las Vegas Review-Journal’s 2013 and 2014 “Best of Las Vegas” polls, is a co-op of 12 massage clinics and part of the nation’s largest therapeutic massage provider and spa franchise.
About Massage Envy
Massage Envy, based in Scottsdale, Arizona, is a national franchisor, and through its franchised locations, is the leading provider of therapeutic massage and skincare services in the United States. The national franchise is dedicated to providing professional and affordable therapeutic massage and skincare services to members and guests with busy lifestyles at convenient times and locations. Founded in 2002, Massage Envy has more than 1,000 franchise locations in 49 states and 1.5 million members. In addition, the average unit volume for a franchise location is $1.35 million. Through its national partnership with the Arthritis Foundation, Massage Envy has raised more than $3 million in four, one-day Healing Hands for Arthritis® events. The company was recently ranked #1 Best Franchise with an initial investment of $500,001 and up by Forbes, #79 in Franchise Time’s Top 200, #51 in Entrepreneur’s 2014 Franchise 500 and #27 in its Fastest Growing Franchise rankings. Massage Envy is a member of the International Franchise Association (IFA) and was named a 2013 Military Friendly Franchise. For more information, visit MassageEnvy.com.
About The Arthritis Foundation
The Arthritis Foundation is the Champion of Yes. The Foundation leads the fight for the arthritis community and helps conquer everyday battles through life-changing information and resources, access to optimal care, advancements in science and community connections. The Arthritis Foundation’s goal is to chart a winning course, guiding families in developing personalized plans for living a full life – and making each day another stride towards a cure. The Foundation also publishes Arthritis Today, the award-winning magazine that reaches 4.2 million readers.
Massage Envy Spa Las Vegas