London, United Kingdom, May 02, 2015 –(PR.com)– Mr. Pornchai Rujiprapa, Minister of Information and Communication Technology, Thailand will open the inaugural Critical Infrastructure and Resilience Asia conference in Bangkok on 25th-26th June with an opening keynote presentation.
This important event is co-hosted by Thailand’s Department of Disaster Prevention & Mitigation (under the Ministry of Interior), the Ministry of Information & Communication Technology and the Electronic Transactions Development Agency.
It also has the confirmed the support of the Ministry of Transport, Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau and the event is sponsored by Thailand’s Provincial Electricity Authority.
Whether it is through a natural or man-made disaster or terrorist attack; the proper functioning of a nations critical infrastructure is vital to the interests of any society. At this year’s Critical Infrastructure and Resilience Asia, at the Avani Atrium Bangkok, leading experts from around the world will discuss the threats both in the physical and cyber domains and how to mitigate those threats.
Keynote Speaker confirmed:
– Mr.Pornchai Rujiprapa, Minister of Information and Communication Technology, Thailand
– Lt General Datuk Dr. William Stevenson, MiDAS Chief Executive, Malaysia
Latest speakers announced:
– Dr. Koonton Yamploy, Director of Geotechnical and Engineering Division, Department of Highways, Ministry of Transport, Thailand
– Dr. Kitti Subprasom, Bureau of Planning, Department of Highways, Ministry of Transport, Thailand
– Mr Mohd Zabri Adil Talib, Head of Digital Forensics, Cyber Security Responsive Services, Cybersecurity Malaysia (Under Ministry of Science, Technology & Innovation (MOSTI))
– Dr. Sak Segkhoonthod, CEO and President, Electronic Government Agency and Cloud Security Alliance, Thailand
– Dr. Anond Snidvongs, Executive Director, Geo-Informatics and Space Technology Development Agency
– Police Major General Apichat Suriboonya, Head of Interpol NCB Thailand, Commander of Foreign Affairs Division, Royal Thai Police
– Professor Dr. Panitan. Lukkunaprasit, an adviser to the Center of Excellence in Earthquake Engineering and Vibration, Faculty of Engineering, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
– Prof. Dr. Krasae Chanawongse, Chairman, Asian Disaster Preparedness Center
– Dr. Indrajit Pal, Assistant Professor – Disaster Preparedness, Mitigation and Management, Asian Institute of Technology
– Professor Surapon Virulrak, Ph.D, Executive Committee, Association of Siamese Architects Under Royal Patronage
– Ricardo Baretzky, President, European Centre for Information Policy and Security (ECIPS), CYBERPOL program
– Yap Kwong Weng, Chief Operating Officer, Parami Energy, Myanmar
Critical Infrastructure Protection & Resilience Asia, organised by Torch Marketing and KNM Media, will take place at the Avani Atrium Bangkok on 24th-25th June 2015.