A recently conducted survey by Meridian Capital Management displays a confident outlook for market growth.
Hong Kong, Hong Kong S.A.R., August 15, 2015 –(PR.com)– Meridian Capital Management announced today the results of a survey of customers with at least $250,000 in investable assets on a range of investment topics. The survey was taken during a recent forum event in the United Kingdom on August 7.
The event, which was also broadcast to select Meridian Capital Management institutional investors via webcast, is part of an educational series that was launched in 2014. The program is designed to provide investors greater access to market insights from experts both inside and outside Meridian Capital Management. Key findings of the poll include:
Investors on Market Conditions
• Return Expectations on the Increase – When stacking their gains against market averages in 2015, more high net worth investors expect to fare better than they did last year. Thirty-eight percent of investors expect to beat market averages, up from 31 percent in 2014, while only 15 percent expect to lag it, a vast improvement from last year’s laggards at 33 percent.
• Moving to Equities – Nearly half (49 percent) of high net worth investors expect to increase their equity position in 2016 – by an average of 8 percent. Thirty-nine percent plan on keeping their position the same, and only 11 percent say they are going to decrease their equity position.
Investors on Investment Opportunities
• U.S. Is Head of the Class – Over the next 12 months, 65 percent of high net worth investors chose U.S. equities as the asset class in which they expect to invest the most, far exceeding the nine percent who chose local and regional equities, followed by corporate bonds at 6 percent.
• Mid and Large Caps Top of Mind – Forty percent of high net worth investors believe that mid cap equities offer the greatest potential upside over the next 12 months, essentially equal to their interest in large cap equities at 39 percent, followed by still-strong interest in small cap equities (21 percent).
• Sector Leaders – For the next 12 months, investors’ top choice (17 percent) for investing is the healthcare sector, followed by energy (15 percent) and information technology (13 percent).
Investors on Inflation
• Hedging Against Inflation – Seventy-six percent of high net worth investors are concerned about inflation as it impacts their portfolios. Thirty-five percent say the primary tactic to hedge against inflation is with increased equity allocation, followed by seeking higher yielding bonds (12 percent).
“It’s reassuring to know that some of the most high net worth investors are optimistic about the future of the equities markets, even in the face of continued uncertain economic conditions in the near term,” said Steven Woodall, Global Portfolio Construction Manager for Meridian Capital Management. “This tells us that these investors are in the right frame of mind in this environment as they work to seize meaningful opportunities for their portfolios.”
Investors who are evaluating investment strategies for today’s market conditions can request a copy of Meridian Capital Management’s new trading publication based on the content shared by the expert panelists at the forum and entitled “What’s next for investors?”
Additionally, video highlights from the event are available for the company’s institutional investors. The content complements new guidance on managing taxation and inflation, which can also be requested from Meridian Capital Management.
Meridian Capital Management
+852 3678 9823