This webinar will give participants the tools to analyze all types of employee overpayments and how to handle proper taxation, and meeting federal and state laws that affect how overpayments are properly handled.
New Hyde Park, NY, August 13, 2015 –(PR.com)– Overview
As much as payroll professionals complete audits and validations each payroll, unfortunately mistakes happen and employees get overpaid. Once an employee has been overpaid getting the money back is only one challenge, payroll professionals are faced with how to untangle the tax and compliance requirements when getting money back from employees.
Why Should You Attend
This webinar will give participants the tools to analyze all types of employee overpayments and how to handle proper taxation, and meeting federal and state laws that affect how overpayments are properly handled. Laws in the deduction of pay from employees have changed in several states within the last couple of years; this webinar will give you the skills to properly handle these new laws.
Areas Covered in this Webinar
• Review of different types of overpayments from regular pay to non-cash items such as laptops given to employees
• Discuss employee loan policy and advances and how to handle them
• Discuss the tax brackets of overpayments made in current year and those made in a prior tax year
• Special year end reporting concerns for employees that have been overpaid
• What are the best methods of repayment
• What special state and federal laws should be considered when collecting overpayments
• Understanding the impact of overpayments may be different for hourly employees versus salaried employees
• Will review the IRS “claim of right rule”
Understanding how to properly handle overpayments for payroll.
Who Will Benefit
• Accounting Professionals
• Tax Professionals
• Payroll Professionals
For more information, please visit http://bit.ly/1IVZx4P
About Compliance Global Inc:
Compliance Global Inc; is a training (webinar) organization based in New Hyde Park, New York, providing world-class compliance trainings and online webinars by leveraging a pool of experienced speakers / consultants in the Pharmaceutical, Bio-Technology, Medical Devices, Clinical Compliance, FDA Compliance, Healthcare, BFSI, Life Science & HR streams for improving the knowledge base of the customers. Our trainings are contemporary, simple and cost-effective with easy access and great delivery experience. Compliance Global is a multifaceted entity, an absolute knowledge repository.
Our varied industry expertise ranges across Life Science (Pharmaceutical, Bio-Technology, Medical Devices, Clinical Compliance, FDA Compliance), Healthcare, HR Compliance, BFSI, Food & Dietary Supplements, Insurance, Accounting & Taxation and other Cross Industry streams.
Toll Free: +1-844-746-4244
Compliance Global Inc.
Toll Free: +1-844-746-4244